ISS presents the major SecurOS platform update in the last decade
SecurOS 11.0 changes the solution’s perception for the Safe City level systems, transport infrastructure facilities, large and super-large distributed enterprises. The specialized products focused on supporting customers’ business processes are coming to the fore instead of traditional video and MediaClient.
SecurOS 11.0 Main News
SecurOS GIS geographic information system for monitoring and managing spatially-bound SecurOS objects
SecurOS GIS is an effective tool for visualizing the location of objects such as cameras, two-way communication devices, and ACS devices on a GIS map. It is used to rapidly deal with all the events coming from these entities.
The module’s functionality provides effective control over a large area with thousands and tens of thousands of objects as part of the SecurOS distributed security system, as well as monitoring events that threaten the security of people and infrastructure.
The system enables to work with the arbitrarily sized GIS map fragments in offline mode — without an Internet connection.
Key SecurOS GIS features:
- display of the geographical map, search and navigate by address, geographic coordinates, geographic object name (tag);
- position SecurOS objects on the GIS-map and monitor the states of the objects (servers, cameras, SIP-devices, and ACS devices);
- create layers, bind objects to layers, and select layers to display;
- support multiple operators simultaneous work with the same GIS-map (using different Operator Workstations or Operator Workstation Profiles);
- search for SecurOS objects by the following parameters: object type, object layers, tag, ID (name), address, geographic coordinates. Position the GIS map on the targeted object;
- virtually unlimited zoom capabilities with the automatic merge of objects located close for the ease of navigation;
- quick access to Media Client to watch a video.
SecurOS System Dashboard is the module dedicated to collecting data on the video cameras performance and video transmission specifications.
Starting with the release 11.0, SecurOS users have access to a new software module designed to improve the efficiency of SecurOS administrators and monitor the performance of service work carried out by the organizations’ staff servicing the security system’s hardware.
SecurOS System Dashboard visualizes the resulting statistics on the video cameras’ performance and video transmission specifications, including data network parameters. The module provides the required sample using the appropriate filters. All necessary tools are provided via the web interface.
Key SecurOS System Dashboard features:
- create and assert the camera passport which stores required FPS, resolution (px), and bitrate (kbps) values of the video;
- collect statistics on the performance of all cameras;
- display statistical camera performance data for all or selected cameras;
- create reports about the performance of selected cameras for a certain time period;
- save the reports into .xls or .html files.
SecurOS Dispatcher single dispatching and control service
We present for your attention the software platform for centralized control and automated management of incidents: events and processes related to security. SecurOS Dispatcher collects and processes data from multiple unrelated subsystems and devices, provides users with the ability to manage them and deal with the Incidents originating from events received from the integrated subsystems and devices.
SecurOS Dispatcher users are primarily large local and geographically distributed enterprises where it is vital to respond quickly to a large number of recurring Incidents and where it is necessary to create whole departments of professionals who handle such Incidents. Examples of such sites are road and transport infrastructure facilities and industrial corporations.
The platform ensures the efficient operation of the hierarchically organized dispatch services and their operational interaction with the dependent entities and autonomous agencies through a single interface.
Key SecurOS Dispatcher functionalities:
- create and edit Incident types (simple or complex);
- manage Incident type activity status
- create individual response scenarios for each Incident type;
- configure instructions that describe incident processing for each Incident type. The instructions include requirements and recommendations on performed actions for each operator role handling the Incident;
- assign roles to the operators;
- mange integrated devices using the site map;
- switch part of the integrated devices or individual locations into the high attention mode;
- create reports on operators’ actions;
- create reports on the processing of the Incidents;
- create personnel and organizations database which perform maintenance on a location;
- log maintenance work.
Key platform’s features:
- process incidents according to the operator role and response scenario;
- prioritize queue of Incidents requiring handling;
- automatic escalation of the Incident to the supervising operator when ticket processing time is exceeded;
- quick navigation to live or archive video related to the Incident;
- navigate to the objects on a map;
- add text comments and attach files that confirm the actions that operators performed to process Incident;
- automatic Incidents redirection to substitute operators when the responsible operator is busy or absent;
- ability to return closed Incidents from the archive back to processing.
SecurOS Auto 11.0 News
The main event of the release is the Convoy Search function, which enables detection of vehicles that convoy the vehicle with selected license plate number. This tool allows detecting vehicles that drive before the target vehicle or follow the target vehicle closely within a selected time interval. Convoy Search may be extremely useful in finding vehicles intentionally following the cash-in-transit vehicle, driving (accompanied) stolen vehicle, etc.
More SecurOS Auto 11.0 news:
- Optimized performance of the neural network license plate capturer when using OpenVINO framework. The speed of license plate capturer increased more than two times for servers based on the latest generation Intel processors which include the VNNI instruction set.
- Optimized the performance of the United States license plate number recognition algorithm when CPU is used for calculations.
- A number of interface updates have been implemented to increase the usability of operators.
- Expanded the list of templates and improved the quality of license plate recognition for Dubai (UAE), Qatar, and Mexico.
And that is not all the news! Among the vast number of SecurOS 11.0 innovations are the media archive recording mode ‘Continuous with the variable stream’, which allows saving drive space during normal operation and storing certain events with the highest video quality; full-fledged SecurOS operation in the networks with IPv6 addressing; fully 64-bit core and DevicePack.
More detailed information about this and many other new functions, as well the most significant changes and updates is available in the SecurOS 11.0 Release Notes on the ISS website.